Terracon Customer Service/Inside Sales Support Representative (CSR)
The Customer Service/Inside Sales Support Representative (CSR) at Terracon will be responsible for revenue protection and order fulfillment through a mix of traditional customer service and price quote development and follow-up. This is a somewhat technical role in that the CSR will need to engage the buyer (typically an engineer) in initial design discussions. Therefore, similar past experience is a necessity. For more information about Terracon, please read more about us.
Our Customer Service Team responds to customer inquiries related to quote requests and revisions, tank configuration, order status, order returns, and any other customer requests for assistance related to these functions. They work closely with the Estimating Department, Materials Management and Quality & Project Management to create price quotes and process orders. The CSR will operate with the goal of exceeding internal and external customer expectations every day.
- Considerable in-bound phone customer and prospect interaction.
- Quickly and accurately report leads to the Sales team when appropriate.
- Participate in sales and sales support activities as required.
- In a friendly and attentive manner, respond to customer inquiries, ask scripted probing questions to uncover requirements and gather enough information to develop and deliver a price quote.
- Process and update customer purchase orders and/or change orders and/or returns in a timely and accurate manner.
- Investigate customer order inquiries (Pre, during, post) by contacting internal departments and/or freight carriers to gather information and communicate clearly with the goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times.
- Quickly and accurately communicate, escalate and participate in the resolution of customer issues and complaints while effectively diffusing any dissatisfaction.
- Participate in projects and perform other duties and clerical functions as assigned.
- Adherence to schedule, including regular, reliable and punctual attendance at work.
- 2 to 3 years of customer service related experience in the Life Sciences industry.
- Prior data entry experience strongly preferred.
- High School diploma from an accredited higher learning institution or equivalent level of work experience. Associates degree preferred.
- Proven ability using the Internet and Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with ability to learn other software as needed. Experience using Global Shop ERP is a plus.
Sales Executive/Account Manager-Fluid Handling Equipment
Terracon is seeking a Sales Executive/ Account Manager for its North American business, with an emphasis on the New England/Northeast Biopharmaceutical market. S/he will develop account and territory plans, manage the pipeline and set a strategy for increasing revenue primarily via cultivating and growing the existing customer base, as well as new account generation. This is a technical sales, individual contributor role for the complete product line and custom fabrication capabilities. Activities include cold calling, referrals, webinars, site visits for initial design discussions with Engineering personnel and delivering presentations to Decision-Makers. Candidates having knowledge and practical experience with formal account/territory development planning and pipeline management will be considered for sales management responsibility to develop and improve the sales/customer service operation. Some overnight travel is required. The ideal candidate residence is the New England area, but other USA locations are acceptable. For more information on Terracon, please read about us.
Qualified candidates will have a proven track record of 5 years successful consultative selling in Biopharmaceuticals, Pure Water and Life Sciences with an understanding of tanks, mixers, and clean room applications. Technical aptitude and experience with similar products or an Engineering degree is required, along with computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.